The Bark

The Student News Site of Zephyrhills High School

The Bark

The Bark

Mortal Kombat

Mortal+Kombat

B.A.D – Mortal Kombat 1 Review 

The brutal fast-paced kombat of the latest Mortal Kombat entry is a refreshing sight, the long-awaited sequel to the disappointing mortal kombat 11 which was slow, messy, and didn’t feel like Mortal Kombat, but with Mortal Kombat 1 they fixed most of the issues and improved upon a lot of other features from the previous game for example the story 

NetherRealm studios took some big risks with the story of Mortal Kombat 1, but it really paid off, the story is new and exciting and takes familiar characters and puts them in interesting new positions although the story does falter at the end it is overall an enjoyable and intriguing experience with some big twists and turns  

They also made some big improvements to the kombat system, the fights feel more fast-paced and fluid and the addition of the brand new kameo system where you can bring in another fighter to aid you from the sidelines, allows for some powerful character combinations and brutal combos that can destroy your opponents 

NetherRealm also made some improvements to the character designs and facial animations, the new designs for the characters give a fresh new look for these characters while also keeping the essence and familiarity of the original and the facial animations are much better than they were in Mortal Kombat 11 although the animations are still far from perfect it’s a step in the right direction 

Overall Mortal Kombat 1 is a huge improvement from Mortal Kombat 11, and it looks like NetherRealm Studios is back on track and Mortal Kombat is finally back on top.