The Bark

The Student News Site of Zephyrhills High School

The Bark

The Bark

Mean girls review  

In my opinion I did not like this movie. At first, I was so excited to see it because I saw the older mean girl movie almost a million times well this one was so bad!!!! This movie was not it. Regina and the girls were also not it. When I saw the first mean girls, I wanted to be Regina George and I would have bought army pants and flip flops lol. I wanted to be any of the plastics. With this movie, I did not want to be this Regina or be in her group at all. She was not the right person for the role. 

They took out a lot of good parts as well. The only one that did a decent job for me was Karen Smith. Even though she was not a dumb blonde, she played the dumb part good, sometimes a little too exaggerated. Also, this was not advertised as a musical from what I saw, so I did not know it was a musical. I would not have gone to see it if I knew it was a musical. I am sure that is why it was marketed that way. It would not have as many viewers as it did. 

I am just not a big musical fan unless it is Disney movies but that is my opinion. If you like musicals, then go ahead and watch it but I personally did not like it. Not only did it try to make it like the first one it just was not that good. The first movie was really good, and it seems crazy that they tried to go off on it but “musical” style.